GoTriangle reaffirms its commitment to upholding and ensuring that its policies and practices follow the rules concerning reasonable modification/accommodation outlined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and all related statutes. As a public transit agency, GoTriangle will make reasonable modifications/accommodations to its policies, practices and procedures to ensure program accessibility.
Any person who believes he or she has not been provided reasonable accommodation under the law has a right to file a formal complaint. Any such complaint must be in writing and submitted to GoTriangle’s Title VI/Civil Rights Coordinator within 180 days following the date of the alleged violation at: EEO/DBE Office, GoTriangle, PO Box 13787, Durham, NC 27709. Phone: 919-485-7433, or email@example.com.
To learn more about the process for making reasonable modification/accommodation requests, click here.
- To download the American with Disabilities complaint form in English, click here.
- To download the American with Disabilities complaint form in Spanish, click here.
- Federal Transit Administration: Frequently Asked Questions
- Federal Transit Administration: Americans with Disabilities Act
- U.S. Government Publishing Office: Paratransit as a Complement to Fixed Route Service
- U.S. Department of Justice: Frequently Asked Questions about Service Animals and the Americans with Disabilities Act
- Federal Transit Administration Circular: Americans With Disabilities Act: Guidance
Accessible Services Advisory Committee
To advise the GoTriangle staff in implementing accessible transit services to include paratransit services, fixed-route bus services, rail station design, transit amenities and transit information.
- Eleven members to be appointed by the GoTriangle Board of Trustees
- Four members from Wake County
- Three members from Durham County
- Two members from Orange County
- Two members-at-large
One member from each county shall be a transit rider who has a disability. Other members shall have expertise in one or more of the following:
- Universal design
- Service provision for the disabled
- Advocacy for the disabled
The Accessible Services Advisory Committee meets 1:30-3 p.m. bi-annually on the first Tuesday in April and September at the GoTriangle Administrative Office located at 4600 Emperor Blvd., Durham, NC 27703.
GoTriangle staff responsibilities
The transit manager is responsible for the Accessible Services Advisory Committee meetings. As appropriate, other staff or speakers will present information to the advisory committee for discussion. For more information, please contact Transit Manager Vinson Hines Jr. at 919-485-7460 or click here to e-mail him.